Horse Hobbles, Leg and Other Restraints
Everything you need for complete leg restraint training of the horse and foal.
Front Leg Strap
Rear Leg Strap
Travel Boots - Front
Travel Boots - Hind
Tying Up Collar
The Value of Leg Restraint Training
- Foals are trained from 14 days old and it is to protect them from injury in fences for the rest of their lives. To protect the investment and to save massive Veterinary costs if caught in a fence as so many are. The injury on the right would not have happened if the horse had been leg restraint trained.
- To put calmness on them and to take away the 'flight response' which is the biggest danger that faces them in their domesticated World these days.
- To teach them to think things through rather than panic, rip and tear.
- To get them used to worst scenarios and to make them good all around safe Horses of the future.
- To take a look at the true underlying personality as an assessment. This let's me know what I am truly dealing with. The personality beneath the surface. Is the Horse prone to 'lose it'? Is it a panicky type, is it cool, calm and collected. Is it a thinker? Would it kill you if you got hung up?
- To teach all Horses that I handle, to stand on 3 legs for unless they are taught, they can never be the best shoeing Horse. because they use the Farrier as their 4th leg and some will drop them, thereby commence the ruination of the shoeing routine.
- To be able to handle the back legs of dangerous Horses and to make them safe for Owners
- To remove the danger from when a Rider may come off in the future, to save them being dragged and kicked
- To enable you to back young horses calmly and safely, without risk of panic and injury to either you or the horse
- To fix ear shy horses
- To fix kickers
- To fix trailer wall scramblers
- To fix pawers and hole-diggers
- To fix seperation anxiety
- To protect people from being struck by front legs during treatment or handling
- To stop trailer ramp kickers
EVERY DAY HORSES
- To worm the unwormable Horse
- To Clip the unclipable Horse
- To save Horses lives and enable Veterinary treatment when Horses object and no crush is available.
- To protect Vet's, Horse Dentists, Clippers and so on from either back or front legs.
- To protect Stallions from being ruined by kicking Mares.
- To assist in the performance of the 'Endorphin Tap'
- To get shoes on an objectionable Horse
- To heighten the training so well that they will never kick a kid.
- To lighten horses up.
- To increase respect of Owners.
- To put Horses back into their Box when they may rise above the Owner and become uncontrollable.
- and many more